I am currently working in the field of distributed computing
e.g. data dissemination and Internet robotics.
This is a list of my publications. Some belong to a previous life.
Send me e-mail at email@example.com
to request papers not available on-line.
A partial record of my papers is in my
Multicast-Based Data Dissemination
- Q. Cai and V. Liberatore.
Layered Multicast Scheduling for the L¥ Objective.
Proceedings of the Eighteenth ACM-SIAM Symposium on
Discrete Algorithms (SODA 07).
- Jonathan Beaver's thesis
- Application-Perceived Multicast Push Performance (with W. Zhang and W. Li).
To appear in IPDPS 2004.
- Middleware for Scalable Data Dissemination
(with P. K. Chrysanthis and K. Pruhs).
Middleware for Communications, Q. H. Mahmoud Ed., 2003.
Optimized Multicast-based Data Dissemination Middleware.
(with W. Li, V. Penkrot, S. Roychowdhury, W. Zhang,
P. K. Chrysanthis, and K. Pruhs). In ICDE 2003 (demo session).
- Middleware Support for Multicast-Based Data
Dissemination: A Working Reality (with
P. K. Chrysanthis
and K. Pruhs).
In WORDS 2003.
- Circular Arrangements.
Tech. Rep. EECS-02-11, CWRU (Revised version in ICALP 2002).
Recursion-based Broadcast Paradigm in Wormhole Routed Mesh/Torus
(with X. Zhuang).
In IPDPS 2002.
- Multicast Scheduling for List Requests.
In Infocom 2002, 1129-1137.
- Broadcast Scheduling for Set
Workshop on Resource Management and Scheduling in Next Generation
- Congestion control for low-priority
filler traffic. (with Brian Ott and Tim Warnky). In Quality of
Service over Next Generation Internet, SPIE ITCom 2003, 73-82.
- Dynamics and Characteristics
of Filler Traffic (Thesis by Nasser Alzeidi), abridged version
- Effects of Filler Traffic in
Mini-Workshop on Quality of Service Issues in the Internet, 2001.
Politely: Improving Web Responsiveness One Packet at a Time
(with Brian D. Davison).
Tech. Rep. DCS-TR-415, 2000. Abstract.
Revised version in PAWS 00,
Jobs Before Shut-Down. Tech. Rep. 99-72, 1999, UMIACS.
Revised versions in
SWAT 2000 and
© Nordic Journal of
Dissemination on the Web: Speculative and Unobtrusive
(with Brian D. Davison).
Tech. Rep. 99-23, 1999, UMIACS.
(Revised version appeared in Performance Evaluation Letters).
and Scheduling for Broadcast Disk Systems.
Tech. Rep. 98-71, 1998, UMIACS.
(Revised version to appear in ALENEX 2000 and
in the Journal of Experimental
Talk slides [Microsoft Explorer,
Disk Paging with a Small Cache,
Tech. Rep. TR98-36, 1998,
Broadcast Disk Paging © SIAM (with
Journal on Computing.
Internet Robotics and Network Control Systems
for the most updated list of publications in this area.
- Local Flow Separation. IWQoS 2004.
- Pervasive Computing (Slides from
a talk at ABB, January 2004).
Adaptive Pervasive Applications. Workshop
on Ubiquitous Computing Environments, 2003.
- IP Communication and Distributed
for Unmanned Autonomous Vehicles
(with W. S. Newman and K.
Control System Co-Simulation for Co-Design
(with M. S. Branicky and S. Phillips). American Control Conference
- Compliant Control and Software Agents for Internet Robotics (with
A. Al-Hammouri, D. Rosas, A. Covitch, M. Kose, and W. S. Newman).
Eighth IEEE International Workshop on Object-oriented Real-time
Dependable Systems (WORDS 2003).
- An Experiment in Remote Robotics
(with L. Ngai and W. S. Newman),
In ICRA 2002, 2190-2195.
- Scheduling of Network Access for
Embedded Systems. In Quality of Service over Next Generation
SPIE ITCom 2002, 73-82.
- The minimum backlog problem
(with M. A. Bender, S. P. Fekete, A. Kröller, V. Liberatore, J. S. B. Mitchell,
V. Polishchuk, and J. Suomela)
- Efficient Application Placement in a Dynamic Hosting Platform
(with Z. Al-Qudah, M. Allman, and M. Rabinovich),
- Detecting AAA Vulnerabilities by Mining Execution Profiles (with Zhan Xu, David Leon, and Andy Poidgurski),
IEEE Symposium on Security and Privacy, 2004.
- Multi-Criteria Space Based Internet Routing
(with B. Malakooti, M. Griffith, T. Linsky, and N. Malakooti).
To appear in IERC 2004.
Multipaging Reduces to Paging,
Tech. Rep. TR97-69, 1997,
In Information Processing Letters, 67 (1998) 9-12.
of An Approach for the Set Maxima Problem.
Tech. Rep. LCSR-TR-284, 1997.
(Short version in
to Prove: A Taxonomy of Objectives. In Proc. DIMACS Symposium
on Teaching Logic and Reasoning in an Illogical World.
- The List Update Problem and the Retrieval of Sets (with Fabrizio
Computer Science, 130, (1994), 101-123.
Replacement Strategies in the Memory Hierarchy.
(PostScript file with bzip2 compression)
Home Page of Vincenzo Liberatore
Vincenzo Liberatore /