Michael (Misha) Rabinovich
Case Western Reserve University
Electrical Engineering & Computer Science
10900 Euclid Avenue
Cleveland, OH 44106-7071
full first name (not nickname).family name at case period edu
Voice: (440) 655-1844
FAX: (216) 368-6888
Research Interests (see my CV for more details)
I am a professor in the EECS department at Case Western Reserve University, which I joined after spending 11 years with AT&T Labs - Research.
My interests include World-Wide Web, Internet, and distributed systems.
In particular, my current research concerns
performance and scalability issues
of the Web and Internet, Internet measurements, utility computing, overlay networks, and XML networking and data management.
Our work on using content delivery networks as conduit for denial of service attacks was the topic of an IEEE Spectrum article in its February'2011 issue.
- Abhijit Jejurkar (MS'2007 -> Medtronics)
- Michael Jolson (MS'2007 -> Microsoft)
- Maaz Khan (MS'2011-> Bloomberg)
- Eamon Johnson (MS'2011 -> Case PhD student)
- Zakaria Al-Qudah (PhD'2009 -> Yarmouk University, Jordan)
- Zhihua Wen
(PhD'2009 -> Microsoft)
- Hangwei Qian
(PhD'2012 -> VMWare)
Triukose (PhD'2013 expected -> NICTA (National ICT Australia))
Some Current Projects
- DipZoom - A P2P Internet measurements platform.
- Internet Platforms Lab - A testbed for studying scalable technologies to build Internet sites.
- SpamWeeder - A new approach to spam prevention that targets email address trafficking by spammers.
Some Past projects
- CSI - Client-Side Includes for
faster access to dynamic Web content.
- DHTTP - an efficient and
cache-friendly transfer protocol for the Web.
- aCDN - A CDN for
applications, or a poor man's computing grid.
- CRISP - a scalable Web caching
- RaDaR - a scalable architecture for
a global WWW hosting service.
Our research has been supported by NSF (Grants CNS-0831821, CNS-0721890, CNS-0520105, CNS-0615190, CNS-0551603), AT&T, and Lockheed Martin Corp.
M. Rabinovich and O. Spatscheck. Web Caching and Replication.
Addison Wesley; 2002. ISBN: 0201615703.
Table of Contents.