I am the T&D Schroeder Assistant professor in the Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science at Case Western Reserve University. I received my Ph.D. in Computer Science from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill in 2011. My research bridges the areas of data mining, database and bioinformatics. I am particularly interested in developing algorithms and models for analyzing massive data sets generated in social, biological and medical domains.
For Prospective Students: I am actively looking for highly motivated and qualified PhD students who are interested in data mining and big data analytics. Please email me your resume if interested.
Honors and Awards
· NSF CAREER Award, 2016
· T&D Schroeder Endowed Assistant Professorship, CWRU, 2013-2016
· ICDM Best Paper Candidate, 2015
· Faculty Award for Excellence in Research, EECS, CWRU, 2012
· ACM SIGKDD Dissertation Award Honorable Mention, 2012
· SDM Best Paper Candidate, 2012
· Microsoft Research Ph.D. Fellowship, 2009-2011
· SIGKDD Best Research Paper Award, 2008
· ICDE Best Student Paper Award, 2008
Acknowledgement: My research is partially supported by NSF and NIH.